4.13.2011

Shepard's Pie My Way

Shepard's Pie

This dinner is fast and cheap!

items needed:


1 lb. ground beef
2 packets of instant mashed potatoes
1 can beef gravy
frozen microwavable veggie mix
shredded cheese

directions:

Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown ground beef and drain off grease. (I always wipe the skillet too - just to get off as much grease as I can.)
While browning, microwave the veggies per package directions.
Mix the veggies into the drained beef.
Stir in the gravy to beef & veggie mixture.
Cook the mashed potatoes per package directions.
Poor the beef mixture into a 8x8 baking dish.
Spoon the potatoes on top of the beef mixture.




Bake for 10 - 15 minutes.
While baking, shred your cheese. I always buy a cheese block and grade it myself - WAY CHEAPER!!


Sprinkle the cheese on top of potatoes and bake for a couple more minutes, just to melt the cheese.


Serve with wheat rolls left over from Ham & Beans dinner night.


No comments:

Post a Comment