4.10.2011

Tot School - 21 months

TOT SCHOOL
APRIL 3 - 9
21 MONTHS

This was our first week of Tot School. I found the blog 1+1+1=1, Tot School a few months ago and fell in love with the idea!! I wanted to start "teaching" Ty early childhood things but didn't want it to me too structured. I will post the things we do for Tot School on my blog here and will link up with 1+1+1=1's posts as well.


Tot School





Ty loved to thread the beads onto the pipe cleaner.


We also did some pouring for more motor skills. He did this with both his left and right hand. I let him try it on his kid table, so he could stand, in the kitchen, but if he spilled the beads they would go everywhere. I would suggest doing this over carpet for easier clean up.

I also tried to get him to sort the beads by color, but he was not interested at all!!


We pulled out his Color Wonder fingerpaints by Crayola. These are so nice because there really is no mess to clean up.



Ty got bored with the no-mess painting real fast so I pulled out the real finger paints and let him go to town. He loved using the paintbrush! Using his hands was just as fun.

I used Crayola's Washable Kid's Paint this day. It comes with 10 different colors and is in perfect sizes.


My husband and I took Ty to Bass Pro Shop for some exploration! Ty loved looking at all the animals and fish. He like to see all the fishing poles and guns. Ty is around these things all the time but seeing so many in ONE place was exciting for him! This was a fun, FREE trip for all of us.

I love his concentration!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to Tot School! Looks likes you guys had a fun week. Our little ones are about the same age. Hope you stop by and see what we have going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, so excited to be your first follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, this is fantastic information. I'm definitely going to look into this more!

    ReplyDelete