5.18.2011

Chicken Spaghetti My Way

I learned this recipe back in 2006 {I think} from a girlfriend of a guy who lived with my boyfriend {did you get that?}. Anyways, this was so easy and fed so many people that I have made it a many times. Now it is just in my head and I don’t even need to write it down!

items needed:

IMG_6275

4-5 chicken breasts or 8-10 chicken tenders, defrosted

whole grain spaghetti noodles

cream of chicken soup

cream of celery soup

cream of mushroom soup

Rotel, undrained

1 pound of Velveeta cheese

directions:

Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.

In a big pot, boil the chicken.

While it boils, cut the Velveeta up into 1 inch cubes and throw them into a mixing bowl.

As soon as the chicken is cooked through, scoop them out and put them on a cutting board.

Keep the water boiling and throw in the spaghetti noodles.

IMG_6272

While the noodles cook, shred the chicken and throw it in with the Velveeta.

IMG_6274

You want to do this kind of quickly so that the chicken is still hot enough to help melt the Velveeta a little bit.

Drain the noodles and throw them in with the chicken and Velveeta and mix. The hot noodles will also help melt the Velveeta.

Stir in the soups and Rotel.

IMG_6277

Pour the mixture into a baking dish and bake for about 30 minutes, until all the Velveeta is all melted and is bubbly.

IMG_6281

Serve with your desired sides.

Tonight I had sweet potato fries and Eric had cheesy Texas toast. Ty had sweet potato fries with a side of cheesy Texas toast  – he didn’t eat much of the chicken spaghetti!!

IMG_6284

 

1 comment:

  1. Well thanks for typing this out for us. Looks like the kind of food my young family will enjoy.

    ReplyDelete