5.19.2011

Making It Easier to DIY

I have been planning my son’s 2nd birthday party for the last 11 months!! I have always known I want to do one of those cute DIY cutesy party that I see all over the blogs. I keep seeing ideas in my head and know exactly what I want to do. When it comes down to it, I just don’t have the creativity, knowledge or energy to Do-It-All-Myself.

I came to terms with the fact that I wasn’t going to be able to do the things I pictured and I started looking online for invitations to buy. My mother and I spent many nights searching and many day trips to party stores without any luck. I couldn’t find anything anywhere near what I thought would be perfect for Ty’s Construction Party!! I decided to try Etsy.com for printable, customizable invitations and BAM!! My first search for “construction birthday party” came back with the PERFECT party package! It was exactly had I thought I was going to make all DIY except I didn’t have to create it – it was already graphted {a new word I just made up; means ‘to use graphics to create’} up and pretty and PERFECT!!

Now that I had found my {have I mentioned PERFECT} party pack, it still took me about 6 days to decide to purchase it because I kept thinking that I could do this whole party myself. Each day I would go to Etsy.com and look at all the pictures for the party pack and finally decided to just go ahead and buy the pack.

This means that I will be able to have all the DIY items that is exactly how I pictured them, without having to do ALL the work. I am forever grateful to dimpleprints!! Now all I have to do is print it all out and hot glue until the cows come home….

* THANK YOU * THANK YOU * THANK YOU  *

1 comment: