8.18.2011

Flush You {aka Bless You}

To say the least, nap time & bed time are a STRUGGLE with Ty!


Without going into great detail about things, I will describe how Ty has fallen asleep over the past two years:
Infant - Nursed to sleep.
Baby - Nursed to sleep or rocked.
1 year old - Rocked viverently while strong holding him.
Toddler - Rocked for about 30-40 minutes.
2 year old - Lay down in our bed while he tosses and turnes and pretends to fish and talks and sings for about 40 minutes to an hour.


It just seems to be getting worse! I have no idea why or how or how to change it. I visit BabyCenter Community frequently. I bought the book "The No-Cry Sleep Solution for your Toddler." No solid help from either. I even tried the "put in his bed, leave the room, return him to his bed every 2 minutes" cry-it-out process with no luck.


Today at nap, the last words Ty said were "Flush You" after he coughed. I had to roll over and hold in my laughs. I guess he thinks that you need to bless you after a cough not just a sneeze. And its also flush instead of bless incase you were mistaken before!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for entering my giveaway! Wanted to offer some empathy. Learning sleep is hard. My three year old sometimes took an hour to get down. My 17 month old goes down well, but wakes every two hours. Different things have worked at different stages for us (and then stopped working). Some things that have worked for us that you may have tried but didn't mention: white noise like a fan, "shh"ing in proportion to their cries while patting or carressing, singing/humming, music on a cd player, holding pinning then in place while speaking lovingly or singing and telling them to close their eyes, etc.
    It gets easier as they get old enough to reason with. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete