9.14.2011

1st Potty Accident in Public

Uh oh! Ty had his first potty accident in public yesterday.

First, let me say, Ty has been amazingly fully potty trained since June. For 4 months, Ty has worn undies all day and pull-ups at nap-time and at night. He always tells me when he needs to go potty. I make sure he goes before we leave the house and while we are out & about near a restroom. And, yes, he's had accidents before at the house.

But yesterday was his first accident while we were out shopping. It was pretty uneventful, but it was a first for us! I took my best friend resale shopping for her new baby. It's about a 40 minute drive to the good stores. At the first store, they have a section of toys for children to play with while the parents shop. Ty remembered this about this store and ran straight to that part when we walked in. My friend and I started shopping and I would peek over towards him to check on him occasionally. After about 10 minutes, Ty ran up to me saying "Mommy. Potty!" like he always does. We went to the restroom and as I pulled down his shorts and undies I realized that he had ALREADY gone!! OOPS! He finished in the restroom and we went to the car and changed his undies and shorts. Thankfully, I had packed him a spare set in a bag on the way out of the house.

That was it. I didn't make a big deal out of it. I didn't make a scene in the store. I didn't yell at him.

It was simply an accident.

I'm sure there are more to come!

1 comment:

  1. accidents will always happen! it was good that he realized what was going on though and remembered to get to the POTTY! :)

    ReplyDelete