2.29.2012

Freezer Meals My Way

FREEZER MEALS MY WAY
Preparing for Baby Laci

Over at My Happy House, she took 4 weeks and got some freezer meals ready for after her baby was born. I thought this was a very smart idea. With a toddler, a new baby and a very hungry hubby, dinner time might be more difficult so I will be doing the same thing. 

I plan to start freezing the meals 3-4 weeks before my due date. Each week I will do 2-3 meals for dinner that night and a second one to freeze. So far I have planned these meals:

#1. Spaghetti
      Italian sausage
      jarred spaghetti sauce
      spaghetti noodles
      frozen garlic bread

Brown sausage & freeze. Defrost the night before. Hubby will ~~ cook noodles, bake bread, mix sausage with sauce and heat in pan.

#2. Chalupas
      ground beef
      chalupa shells
      sour cream
      shredded cheese
      taco seasoning
      refried beans

Brown meat & drain. Mix in taco seasoning (according to package) and refried beans. Freeze the meat mixture. Defrost night before. Hubby will ~~ heat shells in oven, heat meat mixture.

#3. Mexican Shepherd Pie
    recipe at Keeping Life Creative

Layer and freeze before baking. Defrost the night before. Hubby will -- bake for 30  minutes at 400 degrees.

#4. Rachel's Casserole
     recipe at Or So She Says...

Defrost the night before. Hubby will ~~ bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

#5. Chicken Spaghetti

Defrost the night before. Hubby will ~~ bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

#6. Healthy Mama BBQ Chicken
      recipe at Mama and Baby Love

Defrost over night. I will ~~ put in slow cooker and cook on high 4-6 hours or low 6-8 hours.

#7 & 8. Store-bought Frozen Meals

I will buy these as they are on sale and with coupons. Hubby will ~~ stir-fry in pan. 

I think this is all I will cook & freeze. If I do add more, I will also add to the this list. Wish me luck! I have never done this before, but seems easy enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment